Seven days left until Election Day!
Will you help me win by taking the 2 for 2 Challenge?
Reach out to 2 friends and recommend that they vote for Nancy Scarbrough in District 2.
And if those friends share the news with 2 other voters… that’s how we’ll win!
Regardless of where you live, every Newport Beach voter gets to vote for a candidate in each of the city's district races (District 2, District 5 and District 7). So whether you live on the Peninsula, in Corona del Mar, Newport Coast or any other Newport Beach neighborhood, you can participate in our 2 for 2 Challenge.
I am honored to be endorsed by Councilmember Joy Brenner, Citizens of the Year Jean Watt and Nancy Skinner, and other community leaders from every district in Newport Beach.
Won't you and your two friends join this growing list and vote for me for City Council, District 2. I will work hard, and I will work for you. You have my word.
Only 40% of the ballots have been received from Newport Beach voters. That means we still have time to change the tide of City Council.
There is currently a solid majority on the Council that doesn’t hear or address many of the community’s concerns about overdevelopment, child safety and our quality of life in general.
We need a representative who will put in the effort to represent our community. As your representative, I will be laser-focused on:
- State-mandated requirements to zone for 4,834 residential units to be built in Newport Beach over the next 8 years, which will impact traffic, schools, emergency services and infrastructure that are impossible to achieve without completely giving up the unique character of our community.
- Development along Mariners Mile that may increase the width of PCH and add 300+ apartments and luxury condos, impacting traffic and view corridors.
- Short-term lodging permits that need to be regulated so adjacent homes do not suffer diminished property values and increased noise and parking problems.
- Airport noise and pollution, which need to be at the forefront of our discussions with the County and the FAA.
- Pollution, traffic and other factors that impact the health and safety of our children.
I will be a strong advocate for residents and local businesses. I will listen to the community and fight for the issues that are important to us.
Please join Councilmember Joy Brenner, Citizens of the Year Jean Watt and Nancy Skinner, and other community leaders and vote for me for City Council, District 2.
I will work hard and I will work for you. You have my word.
Copyright © 2020 Nancy for Newport Beach City Council, All rights reserved.